https://southerntraditionalfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/white-rice-instant-pot.png 300 300 Max Reed /wp-content/uploads/2016/03/main-logo.png Max Reed2020-02-06 12:42:452020-02-06 12:42:45Cooking White Rice in the Instant Pot
Cooking White Rice in the Instant Pot
- Measure your dry rice and set it aside
- We recommend a minimum of about 1 “cup” – as with any good Southern Recipe, use your favorite “cup”
- Measure same amount of water as rice and add to Instant Pot’s inner pot/liner.
- Rinse rice to remove any surface starch
- Add the wet rice to the measured water in the inner pot.
- Lock on the lid, and set the steam release valve to “sealing” position.
- Select your pressure cooking time.
- The “Rice” button on your device is timed for white or parboiled rice only.
- For other types of rice, set “Manual” to correct time (by pressing “-” to adjust the cooking time) for the type of rice you are cooking
- For brown rice, select 22-25 minutes depending on your preferences – a longer cooker time will produce a “stickier” rice
- Let the rice rest for about 10 minutes after cooking is finished before releasing any remaining pressure, and serve.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!