https://southerntraditionalfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/coconut-cashew-rice.png 300 300 Max Reed /wp-content/uploads/2016/03/main-logo.png Max Reed2020-02-06 12:41:112020-02-06 12:41:12Cashew and Coconut Rice
Cashew and Coconut Rice
- 1 cup China Doll Long Grain White Rice
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 tablespoon warm milk
- 2 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil divided
- 15-20 whole cashews
- 2 whole green cardamom pods
- 6 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh coconut grated (frozen works well)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Wash, rinse and soak rice in water for 20 minutes.
- Drain the rice and set to the side
- Soak saffron in milk and set aside for garnishing
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee and cashews. Cook the cashews for a minute or until they turn golden brown, stirring constantly. Take the cashews out and keep aside for garnishing in the end.
- Add remaining ghee to the pot. Add cardamom pods and cloves. Cook for 10-15 seconds as the release the aromas. Add drained rice and toast gently for a minute stirring constantly.
- Add 1-1/2 cups of water and salt. Mix well. Make sure all the rice is submerged under water. Close Instant Pot with the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on Manual(Hi) for 6 minutes followed by 5-minute Natural Pressure Release.
- Open Instant pot. Add coconut, sugar, raisins and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute(less) mode. Cook with a glass lid on for 5 mins.
- Garnish with fried cashews and saffron.
By: Archana Mundhe, Instant Pot
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!